[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: sachawiki: 2004.08.06

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: sachawiki: 2004.08.06
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 02:40:29 +0800

Hello, Zhao Lei!

> I start to use planner recently. It's really a great tool. Thank
> you~ I have an idea when I try to build my own planner site like

Awww, thanks! Hope you like it. If you have any suggestions, please
feel free to send us mail. =) We like tweaking planner to fit the way
people really do work.

> yours: hasing a calendar on the page. I'm not familiar with php, u
> see. So I wonder if I can use javascript or something to get the
> same effect.
> My proposal is, we can create a js file which shows the calendar out
> and then let each page use that file. The js file is create by Emacs
> according to the pages we have planned -- in wiki planner directory.
> When we create new plan page, we update the js file. We can use one
> js one month to deduce the js file size.

I'm not good enough with Javascript to figure that out, but you might
be interested in Gary Vaughan's planner-calendar.el, available in both
dev and stable versions. That will allow you to publish calendars in
straight HTML. I haven't actually tried it, but it works for

If not, well... anyone into Javascript?

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun