[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: places

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: places
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 11:41:10 +0800

"vrtprj.com" <address@hidden> writes:

>     Frederik> Just a thought: tasks may also depend on place/location.  Any
>     Frederik> idea on how these could be integrated (if at all)?
> My current workaround is to use bbdb:// links to refer to places
> with addresses. To make this more usable (readable) I'm thinking

bbdb:// links are great if you're linking to specific places with
hard-to-remember addresses. If you want to just say that certain tasks
can be done in the office or in school, you could embed that into the
task description. For example:

#A0 _ Pick up transcript. Context:School

or

#A0 _ Pick up transcript. {{C:School}}

or something like that. You can then use grep or occur to see all the
tasks, or write a few functions that look for the next or previous
task possible in a particular context.

This may be useful particularly for people using the Getting Things
Done method (or some variation of it), as that makes use of task
contexts.

Has anyone come up with a really nice way to handle this yet?

When planner-multi-plan gets finished, you'll be able to associate
those tasks with yet another plan page. I'm a little worried about the
cognitive load of multi-planned tasks, though... <wry grin>

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun