Re: [O] Paste subtree without expanding it / keep it collapsed after pas

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] Paste subtree without expanding it / keep it collapsed after pasting
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 18:30:41 -0500

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> I can copy or cut a collapsed subtree and it will copy everything below it
> until it ends (and the next item at the same level starts), which is
> intuitive and works great. However, when pasting it, it automatically
> expands the tree and it makes it really hard to see the context so I can
> fix the leveling, for example.
>
> Is there a way to paste the subtree [and keep it] collapsed?

I’m not able to trigger that behavior using the default configuration.
Here’s what I tried on both master and maint using the file below.

With point on the aa1 heading (collapsed), I pressed ‘C-c @’ followed by
‘C-w’.  I then moved point under the b heading and hit ‘C-y’.  aa1
stayed collapsed after it was yanked.

Does that sequence accurately reflect the scenario you’re describing?

* a
** aa1

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.  Donec
hendrerit tempor tellus.  Donec pretium posuere tellus.

Aliquam erat volutpat.  Nunc eleifend leo vitae magna.  In id erat non
orci commodo lobortis.  Proin neque massa, cursus ut, gravida ut,
lobortis eget, lacus.  Sed diam.

*** aaa1

Nullam eu ante vel est convallis dignissim.  Fusce suscipit, wisi nec
facilisis facilisis, est dui fermentum leo, quis tempor ligula erat
quis odio.  Nunc porta vulputate tellus.  Nunc rutrum turpis sed pede.
Curabitur lacinia pulvinar nibh.  Nam a sapien.

** aaa2

** aa3

* b