[O] copy/paste headlines from org-indent-mode to text mode: invisible st

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: [O] copy/paste headlines from org-indent-mode to text mode: invisible stars remain invisible
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 15:00:04 +0100

Hello.  When performing copy/paste (even with org-copy-visible) from
org buffers with org-indent-mode turned on to buffers running, e.g.,
fundamental or text modes, leading stars of the headlines are still
invisible (until the file is saved and visited again).

Insertions within this invisible region (minus the 1st character, plus
the visible star) remain invisible.  In the case of a level 2
headline, one might end up with a situation like this:

    text already there * headline title

after which, if the cursor is put on the star, insertions just results
in everything after (and including) the star being shifted rightward
-- very funny.

In retrospect this makes some sense to me, but, as the initial shock
was quite intense during a few seconds, I report it in case it is not
completely normal -- besides this does not occur if the target buffer
is running, e.g., python or matlab or fortran modes.

Regards

--
EOST (École et Observatoire des Sciences de la Terre)
IPG (Institut de Physique du Globe) | address@hidden