Re: [O] bug: org-table-sort-lines does only case sensitive alphabetical

From: Heikki Lehvaslaiho
Subject: Re: [O] bug: org-table-sort-lines does only case sensitive alphabetical sorting
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 09:58:33 +0300

I can not see any change in function with the new code. Alphabetical sorting is fixedly case sensitive.

I am definitely running the new code for org-table-sort-lines at the head of the master branch. I can see there have been changes. Universal argument does not change the behaviour, either.

I am running this OS X High Sierra with English as a default language, so the problem should not be the locale.

     -Heikki

Heikki Lehväslaiho - skype:heikki_lehvaslaiho cell: +358 40 850 6640
http://about.me/heikki

On 4 July 2018 at 19:16, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Heikki Lehvaslaiho <address@hidden> writes:

> org-sort has an optional argument with-case. By default its sorting ignores
> the case. When org-sort is called within a table, it calls
> org-table-sort-line with the argument. org-table-sort-line defines a let
> variable sort-fold-case (not with-case) but fails to use either variable
> when sorting and always sorts with case.

IIRC, it was fixed in master branch. Could you test it?

Thank you.

Nicolas Goaziou