Re: [O] RFC: Proposal for an Org Special Block for ox-html

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] RFC: Proposal for an Org Special Block for ox-html
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 15:25:59 -0400

Hi Aaron,

I just went ahead and removed that "---" syntax from ox-hugo. Updated links:

1. https://ox-hugo.scripter.co/doc/details-and-summary/
2. https://ox-hugo.scripter.co/test/posts/details-and-summary/

(it was easy as I had committed that feature just yesterday.)

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 3:08 PM Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> wrote:

Is it important for open to be a “bare” attribute (not sure of the
official name) like “<details open>” as opposed to “<details
open="open">”?

I'm not so sure.. I just followed the documentation here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/details#Creating_an_open_disclosure_box

The latter form is already supported (in fact the second
“open” can be any string).  Just add

#+attr_html: :open any-string-you-want

I know, but I did not test that.. just thought of doing as in that example in the mozilla documentation.

That's why I am using (org-element-property :attr_html special-block) in the code to get the raw values to #+attr_html.

The only thing I know off the top of my head is that CSS can be quite
hairy,

Heh, of course :)

so I would not be surprised if this wrapper is sometimes needed.
And indeed, support for it would be missing.

Is it something that is
likely to crop up for other elements as well, such that it would be
desirable to support it in org core?

That would be great. I myself wasn't sure if I should bring that up to Org core.. I had just implemented #+attr_css support for ox-hugo.

It looks like this:

#+attr_html: :class red-text
#+attr_css: :color red
- Red list item 1
- Red list item 2

You can find many such examples in https://address@hidden/kaushalmodi/ox-hugo/blob/master/test/site/content-org/all-posts.org, and the implementation in https://github.com/kaushalmodi/ox-hugo/blob/master/ox-blackfriday.el. Let me know what you think if you have a chance to review those.

--

Kaushal Modi