Re: [O] Bug: Empty Priorities Are Displayed As "B" In An Agenda Using Th

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Empty Priorities Are Displayed As "B" In An Agenda Using The Column View [9.1.13 (9.1.13-elpa @ /home/tom/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.1.13/)]
Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 21:20:13 +0200

Tom Purl <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you for your quick response Nicholas. I read that help page but
> I still think this may be a bug. In the 8.2 version of Org the
> Priority column in the column view showed an empty priority if the
> TODO didn't have a priority. Those TODO's where then *sorted* as if
> they had the default priority (which in this case would be B). But
> I don't see why the agenda in column view would show a bogus priority
> value.

This is not a bogus priority. For Org, there is no difference between
"no priority" and "default priority". The priority on these headlines is
really "B".

OTOH, I understand that it looks odd to see a priority even though you
added none to the headlines: it makes sense to not display it. OTOH, by
all means, there _is_ an implied property and you're requesting to see
priorities through `org-agenda-overriding-columns-format'. So it makes
sense to display it. Ah well.

I'm not arguing the current state is better than the previous one, but
it is not clear to me that this qualifies as a bug. Anyway, I do not
have any strong opinion on the subject.

I would be curious to hear more feedback about this.