Re: [O] Localized org-mode

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Localized org-mode
Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 12:07:36 +0000

Hello all,

On Wed, May 9, 2018, 8:01 AM Diego Zamboni <address@hidden> wrote:
I really don't see the point of trying to localize org keywords. To me, they are like the keywords in any programming language - part of the language. Would you consider translating C or LISP keywords?

In addition to the trouble of supporting something like this within Emacs, think of the growing ecosystem of tools which support org mode - they would all need to be aware of these localizations. It would be a nightmare to maintain.

So much +1 on that! Supporting multi-language keywords will make it difficult for 3rd party Org parsers to adopt them too, resulting in even lesser Org adoption.

I like Nicolas' idea where display properties are used to replace the English keywords with the translation; that way the actual Org source remains untouched.
--

Kaushal Modi