Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates thru e.g. "<s[TAB]")
Date: Tue, 08 May 2018 08:52:49 +0200

Hi Rasmus,

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> There’s tools to mark thinks as obsolete in Emacs should we need to.

One problem is that those tools (I'm thinking of define-obsolote-*)
are more developer-oriented than user-oriented.

E.g. AFAIK there is no "tool" to tell a user that a command accepts
a new argument.  Or is there?

>> One remaining decision to make is: what is the future of org-tempo?  I am
>> sympathetic to the idea that the best place for it eventually would be
>> org-contrib or GNU ELPA, and not org core.
>
> We don’t have make that decision now, do we?

No.  For now I'd like to get back to your original "trigger" and
continue to enhance the org-tempo code so that it allows to wrap
regions around templates.

--
 Bastien