Re: [O] Q: setting/changing search path for links by id

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] Q: setting/changing search path for links by id
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 06:58:51 -0700

I think you are looking for the variable org-id-locations-file. This
file contains entries like ("~/vc/journal/2018/03/29/2018-03-29.org"
"A6509542-9C85-46ED-BFE3-715CE44BAA70") and is used to create a hash
table that provides a way to search for Ids. You can see it still holds
information to a file name, so if these change, then at some point the
location file will be out of date and need to be updated.

I think the function org-id-find is used to search for ids.

You can add files with the function org-id-update-id-locations.

I hope that helps.

--
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F