Re: [O] Moving from Jekyll to Orgmode

From: Scott Randby
Subject: Re: [O] Moving from Jekyll to Orgmode
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 10:45:38 -0400

On 04/29/2018 04:50 AM, ST wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> thank you, and all other responders, for the shared information. The
> reason I want to leave Jekyll is because I don't want to depend on a
> tool that relies on language (Ruby)/environment that I don't know/use
> (in this respect Hugo is the same for me). I prefer something more
> simplistic, even though if I'll have to invest some time for it to work
> initially. Those 3 features I've mentioned are almost all I need, more
> or less.
>
> Could you, please, share your website publishing workflow (considering
> the 3 issues I've mentioned)?

I'm sorry, but I can't address any of your three issues. My site is in English
only, I use regular links, and my style is very simple and made so the site
will work well on any device. Here is a link to it: http://srandby.org/

The Org source code isn't available yet, but it isn't anything special. The key
is really the CSS which you can easily obtain.

For publishing, I update a file, use Org's HTML export facility (C-c C-e h or
C-c C-e C-s h to export a subtree), and then upload to the server. Not very
sophisticated, but I find it to be very efficient.

I haven't had time to look into the more complex things one can do regarding
Org and websites.

Scott