Re: [O] Should wip-cite branch be merged to master?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Should wip-cite branch be merged to master?
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 09:26:27 +0200

Hello,

tumashu <address@hidden> writes:

> There is a package which support wip-cite:
> https://github.com/andras-simonyi/citeproc-org, should wip-cite branch
> be merged to master now?

Merging wip-cite branch with master, and integration of citeproc-org
into Org core, could be discussed with the author of the library, and,
of course, with anyone interested in using the @cite syntax. For
example, I need to know if that syntax, along with citeproc-org, covers
enough use-cases for citations, if it brings more value than using,
e.g., Org Ref, which already exists, how it could be improved, etc.

I also remember that Christian Moe suggested an alternate syntax for
citations. He might want to point out what is missing from @cite syntax
and if he still prefers his idea.

I have the feeling that it is a bit early for Org 9.2. Anyway, I'm
Cc'ing András and John for their opinion about it. I'd love to hear from
everyone involved in the last round of discussion about the subject,
too.

Nicolas Goaziou