Re: [O] Clean up org-faces.el

From: Diego Zamboni
Subject: Re: [O] Clean up org-faces.el
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2018 22:30:54 +0200

that is a great blog post!  lots of good detail.  and visually pleasing itself.

Thanks! I recently started using ox-hugo for my blogging, and it works great.

off topic here, but the problem with visual-line-mode for me is that
at least in 24.4 it does not respect fill column.  this is a
dealbreaker.  i stick with m-q.

It still doesn’t (I’m using 25.3.2), but I have become used to adjusting the width of my Emacs window to match what I want to do - make it full-width for coding, and half- or two-thirds for prose. The lines then adjust to the width of the window automatically.

Thinking about it, I’m not sure it’s even possible, since fill-column (just like m-q) works based on number of characters in a line, which is not a good indicator with proportional fonts. There would need to be some other way to indicate where to wrap the line that does not depend on number of characters (I guess this is what setting the window width does, in fact).

in any case pleased that this stuff is being made /even better/ by rasmus.

Fully agree!

—Diego