Re: [O] how do you compose mails in Gnus with org-mode

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [O] how do you compose mails in Gnus with org-mode
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 09:57:13 +0100

   > Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

   > To avoid confusion, the official release is still 25.3. The next
   > release, which is probably still a ways off, will be 26.1

Thanks for the clarification. But in order to compile 26, I would need
to checkout the 26 from the git repo? Do I understand that correctly?

   > The 27 version is really bleeding edge, containing changes which
   > are considered too risky for the next release. I'm not sure how
   > frequently bug fixes for 26.1 are merged into the development
   > branch.

Well I started to use that version at a time a specific BIDI function
was only in master but not in the official release. Later a similar
thing occurred with vc.el.

   > From a previous post, I think you mentioned you were running from
   > git master from mid/late last year. If your running from git
   > master, I think you need to pull fairly regularly as bugs are
   > frequently fixed and you could be tripping over something which has
   > already been addressed.

Ah no. I am running emacs git master from end of January. I am running
the git/master version of org mode from last june. Why? Well Nic put in
some very useful stuff in org-table (not in the official release now),
but then later in September/October the whole template engine was
changed in master and I could not find out you to make it work again,
that is why I stick to that very particular org version.

   > I suspect you are likely to run into a number of bugs with the
   > latest development version of emacs and you are probably one of the
   > very few who are looking at bugs in that version. Good luck.

Yeah maybe. At least this way reporting them I could contribute a bit to
GNU emacs. :-D