Re: [O] Attempting to automate worg build

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Attempting to automate worg build
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 15:50:37 +0000

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 10:06 AM Chris Keating <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello fellow org-mode enthusiasts.

I noticed that the server move for orgmode.org has caused some of the docs to 404.

Glad to know that we have more people working on this :)

In an attempt to automate finding broken docs I setup a travis build. Unfortunately I can't even seem to build the docs:

+emacs --batch -l etc/emacs.el -f org-publish-all
Publishing file /home/travis/build/pdex/worg/org-faq.org using `org-html-publish-to-html'
Setting up indent for shell type bash
setting up indent stuff
Indentation variables are now local.
Indentation setup for shell type bash
Setting up indent for shell type bash
setting up indent stuff
Indentation variables are now local.
Indentation setup for shell type bash
Unable to resolve link: "id:facac2a6-3526-450d-ac42-8d36b16c6bab"

https://travis-ci.org/pdex/worg/builds/326147794#L1449

I was also stuck on that issue, and then realized that you need to add (require 'org-id) to fix that error on newer Org mode versions.

I'm building with the master branch of org-mode.

I am now able to build Worg using Org master using the below referenced worg-setup.el.

I had to go recreate the .emacs.el file from an archive.org link as the original is no longer on the site and it's not in the worg repo.

Same here :) I started from the archive.org version. But then refactored it a bit as it was written with hardcoded paths in many places. Now I have this ( https://gist.github.com/kaushalmodi/1932834fa33f72ff44eea476f15cad08 ) where I have moved the local paths to defconsts. So once you set all the defconsts in there as needed, you should be good to go.

I build the site using:

emacs --batch -l ~/e/misc/worg/worg-setup.el -f org-publish-all

(Emacs 26.0.90, Org master)

@Bastien: Would it make sense to commit the worg-setup.el to the worg/orgweb repo too, and then use a Makefile to pass the values to the defconst variables?

Hope that helps! :)

--