Re: [O] Referencing TODO items

From: Michael Welle
Subject: Re: [O] Referencing TODO items
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 17:57:37 +0100

Hello,

Paulo Matos <address@hidden> writes:

> On 14/12/17 15:20, Michael Welle wrote:
>>>
>>> I am curious why %hi and %lo would cause any troubles...
>> I can confirm that behaviour, but it doesn't bother me, because I use ;):
>>
>> (setq org-id-link-to-org-use-id 'create-if-interactive)
>>

> When I looked at it, it sounded that the only thing it does it to
> automatically create the heading without prompting, however I ran into
> troubles when testing. My org-mode doesn't have that variable (9.1.2)
it is from org-id. It gives the heading a unique id and uses that to
reference the heading instead of the heading's text. That way the
reference does not become invalid if the heading's text changes. And, as
a side effect, it works around the problem you found.

> and even if it did it wouldn't solve the problem (assuming I am correct
> about its intended behaviour since I don't want a new heading, I want to
> follow the link to the existing heading.
No, it doesn't solve the problem. I guess the problem is that the
heading's text is fed to a format form or something like that.

Regards
hmw