[O] Bug: ordered property blocks grandchildren [9.1.3 (9.1.3-elpaplus @

From: Allen Li
Subject: [O] Bug: ordered property blocks grandchildren [9.1.3 (9.1.3-elpaplus @ ~/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20171116/)]
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 17:18:00 -0800

Create a file tmp.org with contents

    * TODO parent
      :PROPERTIES:
      :ORDERED:  t
      :END:
    ** TODO child1
    ** TODO child2
    *** TODO grandchild1
    *** TODO grandchild2

1. emacs -Q
2. M-: (setq org-enforce-todo-dependencies t) RET
3. C-x C-f tmp.org RET
4. Move point to grandchild2
5. C-c C-t

user-error: TODO state change from TODO to DONE blocked (by "TODO child1")

The documentation emphasizes that ORDERED is not inherited.  The
behavior that I would expect is that child1 blocks child2, but it should
not block grandchild1 or grandchild2.

However, I think the current behavior is also reasonable under some
workflows.  I’m creating a bug to track opinions, if one behavior is
significantly more desired than the other, or if an option to control
this behavior would be welcome.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.2.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.22.11), modified by Debian
Package: Org mode version 9.1.3 (9.1.3-elpaplus @
/usr/local/google/home/ayatane/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20171116/)