Re: [O] ob-python newline & indentation behavior

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: [O] ob-python newline & indentation behavior
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 10:05:25 -0500

Hello,

Jack Kamm <address@hidden> writes:

> ob-python newline & indentation behavior in :session is very ugly and
> possibly broken. For example, consider the following code block:

[...]

> There is a 2 year old patch that fixes this behavior but has not yet
> been incorporated:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-03/msg00505.html

[...]

> The patch follows the python.el behavior of using a temporary file and
> executing that from the shell.
>
> Could this patch, or something similar, be incorporated into org-mode,
> to fix this behavior?

Here's what I said in a recent post about ob-python sessions:

    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2017-10/msg00198.html

    I dropped my attempt to fix it because 1) I was still having trouble
    getting a complete understanding of what the issue was and 2) I didn't
    have the motivation to spend time digging deeper because I don't use
    ob-python (and in general am not a heavy Org-Babel user).  Perhaps you
    or some other ob-python user could help make ob-python sessions more
    robust?

Perhaps you are the "you"?

--
Kyle