Re: [O] ox-odt: List items contain body paragraphs, confusing styles

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] ox-odt: List items contain body paragraphs, confusing styles
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 23:27:11 -0400

 ---- On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 10:33:29 -0400 Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote
----
 > So, what style-name should have the inner paragraph? If it is a new
 > style, what would be its definition?
 >
 > It's not difficult to check, upon exporting a paragraph, if it belongs
 > to a list item or not: (org-element-lineage paragraph '(item))
 >
 > BTW, is it different for nested paragraphs, e.g., what should be the
 > style for the following 3 paragraphs:
 >
 >   - para 1
 >
 >     para 2
 >
 >     - para 3

Hm. Good question.

I'm going to admit to a bit of frustration now... after about 45 minutes poking
around in XML, I did a fresh ox-odt test with a fresh style sheet, and I can't
reproduce the problem. !!! Hours, over the last two days, wasted.

So I must have done something funky to that initial stylesheet. (WYSIWYG tools,
who knows what it could be. Really teed off at that journal for not allowing
LaTeX.)

So I would say, postpone this issue unless I can gather more evidence.

A short answer to your questions is that every list item does consist of
paragraphs, and each paragraph must have a paragraph style, but -- the
paragraph style can be the same one, even at different list levels. There is no
need for a different paragraph style for each list level, and you don't have to
do anything special for multiple paragraphs within a list item.

hjh