Re: [O] Time stamped TODOs with current-time from everywhere.

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: [O] Time stamped TODOs with current-time from everywhere.
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2017 11:59:47 +0200

On 5 August 2017 at 04:27, Adam Porter <address@hidden> wrote:
> Michaël Cadilhac <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> However, suppose I'm in Calfw; I jump to some date, hit SPACE and I'm
>> now in Org-Agenda mode, ready to hit k to capture (because Calfw-Org
>> does not offer this directly).  Now I expect %U to still be the
>> current time stamp, and %^t to be prefilled with the date of the
>> Agenda.  It so happens that *both* time stamps are the one of the
>> Agenda.  Is this tweakable so that %U is always (current-time)?
>
> I'm not sure if that's a bug, since it seems like %^t should always
> prompt, or if it's intended that the agenda date fulfill the prompt.
> But either way, you should be able to use a %(sexp) form in the capture
> template to insert the current date.

Thanks for your expertise Adam.  It seems indeed that
org-agenda-capture (or equivalently, setting
org-capture-use-agenda-date) affects the default date at all stages,
i.e., for %u and for the default value of %^t.  This is done through
setting org-overriding-default-time.  I don't think there's any reason
to change this behavior, but it may be worth adding that info in
org-capture-template's docstring.  At the moment, it only says "time
stamp".

Cheers;
M.