Re: [O] segfault when org-ellipsis is empty

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] segfault when org-ellipsis is empty
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 18:20:42 +0000

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 2:10 PM Michael Ax <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello, I trust that this is the right place to report a segfault.

The right place to report emacs segfault (whether caused by another package or not) would be by M-x report-emacs-bug from within emacs. If you haven't set up to send emails from within emacs (I haven't), then copy the To email address, email subject and the generated email body and email it it using your default email client.

Using whatever is current in debian 9, emacs segfaults
from a minimum setup when using an empty string for org-ellipsis.

Here's how to reproduce it:
> emacs -Q
(setq org-ellipsis "") C-x C-e
(org-mode)  C-x C-e
* asd
** def C-p tab  < and boom
Cool!

I can recreate that error on emacs master + org 9.0.9.

My emacs isn't built from sources, so the ftrace/backtrace
is meaningless for the "Fatal error 11: Segmentation fault"

If there is a bugtracker and there always is a bugtracker,
then my apologies in case this has already been dealt with.

Once you send that bug report, you will get a debbugs number. Please post that number in this thread (for people curious about this bug like me).
--

Kaushal Modi