Re: [O] org-protocol documentation

From: Mario Martelli
Subject: Re: [O] org-protocol documentation
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 10:40:50 +0200

I’m about to incorporate the new style URIs into the documentation.
During my tests somehow the open-source protocol does not work for me.

I assume a bug around Line 527 in org-protocol.el

       (let* ((base-url (plist-get (cdr prolist) :base-url))
—>               (wsearch (regexp-quote base-url)))           <—

Could anyone confirm that? I’m unsure whether it might be a local
misconfiguration on my side or not.

I tried it with the worg example:

        emacsclient
"org-protocol://open-source?url=http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-import-rtm.html”

and escaped

        emacsclient
'org-protocol://open-source?url=https%3A%2F%2Forgmode.org%2Fworg%2Forg-tutorials%2Forg-import-rtm.html’

In both cases it fails silently.

> I'm not sure why is pandoc needed here. Org can export to Texinfo
> format, if needed.

Thank you! Output is much nicer than with pandoc. I’ve disabled it years ago
because not needed. So it went out of my sight ;)

> Also, if the syntax is not quite right, no worries,
> we'll fix it.

That are great news!

Kind regards
Mario