Re: [O] How to get rid of first line indent?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] How to get rid of first line indent?
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 05:26:39 +0200

On 2017-06-13, at 03:24, Birnle <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes, John, you are surely right. From the beginning I use the Prelude
> Emacs distribution (http://batsov.com/prelude/) that comes with
> a bunch of preinstalled packages, so I don’t know yet what is original
> Emacs/Org and what is optional. So much to learn, so little time.
>
> Even for a text editing professional like me (publishing manager,
> foreign language typesetter, book producer, copy editor) Emacs is like
> an almost undiscovered parallel universe. I try boldly to go where
> just a few men have gone before …
>
> So thank you all, group, for being patient with an Emacs novice like me.

I started (almost two decades ago...) with a vanilla Emacs.  (There was
nothing like "Prelude" back then, I guess.  Also, I had no internet
access (at home) until, like, ten years later...)

Also, being a student, I had much free time then.  I read most of the
Emacs manual.  That helped _a lot_.

BTW, Emacs absolutely rocks for copyediting (which I also happen to do),
since you can define lots of little commands to ease the repetitive
tasks.  And yes, you probably do need to learn Lisp to master Emacs.
Start with "An Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp" by Robert
J. Chassell (evaluate the form (info "eintr")).

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski