Re: [O] emacs vs emacs -nw

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: [O] emacs vs emacs -nw
Date: Wed, 31 May 2017 19:41:00 +0900

> On May 31, 2017, at 19:04, Jean-Christophe Helary <address@hidden> wrote:

>> On X11/GNU/Linux, I get header promotion with Alt+Left but word
>> navigation on Esc Left.
>
> Now that I think about it, I just tried this:
>
> (setq  ns-right-command-modifier 'meta)
>
> And I get the expected behavior in GUI emacs. So it's really an issue about
> ESC that is not recognized in GUI mode for *some* bindings in org-mode.

Ok, I just tried something else:

(setq  ns-function-modifier 'meta) and what I get is *very* similar to the
issue I have with ESC:

FN-x correctly "calls" M-x
FN-left in a level 2 header in org mode triggers beginning-of-buffer and *not*
org-promote-header.

So the problem is not limited to ESC, and maybe not limited to org-mode.

Jean-Christophe