Re: [O] [RFC] The "c" Org macro

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] The "c" Org macro
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 13:47:36 +0200

Hello,

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> It just so happened that autofilling ended up with a number followed by a
> period at the BOL. So I couldn't have planned inserting a zero-width space
> before the dot.

This shouldn't happen. "1." is defined as paragraph separator (see
`org-element-paragraph-separate' and `org-element--set-regexps) so
auto-fill cannot break a line before this construct.

> So this makes me think of the use of auto-filling in my regular org
> files... What if auto-filling happened to create a case like this where a
> line began with a number immediately followed by a period?!

Per above, this should not happen. There are cases, however, that can
happen, like the macro in your ECM. Auto-fill cannot tell this is going
to make a numbered bullet.

Nicolas Goaziou                                                0x80A93738