Re: [O] git and orgmode: teaching git a bit of orgmode syntax

From: Michael Welle
Subject: Re: [O] git and orgmode: teaching git a bit of orgmode syntax
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 19:30:40 +0100

Hello,

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
[...]
> Thanks. It is quite likely that I misremembered: I found some things on Worg
> about an org-aware merge tool for git:
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/gsoc2012/student-projects/git-merge-tool/proposal.html
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/gsoc2012/student-projects/git-merge-tool/
>
> but not for a diff tool. And I'm not sure it ever saw the light of day.
I will have a look at it later this week.

If you have enough information to perform a semantic merge, there should
be also enough information to spit out a diff. Defining what a
difference is in Org would be a starting point. An implementation will
follow then. Maybe a task for the next winter ;).

Regards
hmw