Re: [O] git and orgmode: teaching git a bit of orgmode syntax

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] git and orgmode: teaching git a bit of orgmode syntax
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 12:59:35 -0500

Michael Welle <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
> [...]
>> [fn:1] I'd search, but Gmane still seems non-compos-mentis and
>>        searching in the archives is just awful (or my fu is too
>>        weak). Anybody know what is happening with Gmane?  How do you
>>        search the list nowadays?
> I have a mail folder with about 60k mails. The oldest seem to be 10
> years old. I doubt that it is complete, but who knows. What should I
> look for? I searched the subjects for gsoc|summer of code and found one
> from 2013, IIRC. But that doesn't lead to anything. Searching for
> difference in the subject wasn't fruitful either.

Thanks. It is quite likely that I misremembered: I found some things on Worg
about an org-aware merge tool for git:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/gsoc2012/student-projects/git-merge-tool/proposal.html
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/gsoc2012/student-projects/git-merge-tool/

but not for a diff tool. And I'm not sure it ever saw the light of day.

--
Nick