[O] How to have a sideways longtable?

From: William Denton
Subject: [O] How to have a sideways longtable?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 16:56:58 -0500 (EST)

I have a long and wide table of text I'd like to have sideways (landscape orientation) and stretch over multiple pages. I can do either one but not both together.

Here's a gist with a long, wide table:

https://gist.github.com/wdenton/f11acf2e5257b29789f806b854d0709e

If you take that and export it to LaTeX it will be long (on two pages) but not sideways, with some columns are cut off on the right---the float is being ignored, it seems.

Using the float on its own does work, and this appears in the output:

\begin{sidewaystable}[htbp]

But when the longtable is there, it's just this without any sidewaystable:

\begin{longtable}{rrllllll}

Is this a bug? I assumed they'd work together out of the box, but maybe I need to do something special.

Bill
--
William Denton :: Toronto, Canada :: https://www.miskatonic.org/
Caveat lector.