Re: [O] How do you store web pages for reference?

From: Charles A. Roelli
Subject: Re: [O] How do you store web pages for reference?
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 11:38:38 +0100

Hi Alan,

On Mon, Jan 16 2017 at 09:48:38 am, Alan Schmitt wrote:

> I'm looking for a workflow that allows me to save a web page for
> reference, ideally from Firefox. I know of org-protocol-capture-html
> (https://github.com/alphapapa/org-protocol-capture-html), which is
> perfect for pure-text pages, but I'm also looking for a solution for
> images-heavy pages. I've tried to simply save the page to PDF, but it
> does not preserve the links.

You might also want to try org-board:

    https://github.com/scallywag/org-board

It offers archiving, diffing between archives, and anything `wget' can
do (see its manual for more details).  I haven't integrated it with
Firefox, but if you can

    a) Get the current URL from Firefox,
    b) Send it to Emacs,
    c) Open a dedicated web bookmark file buffer, create a heading for
       the URL, and run `org-board-archive',

then org-board would take care of archiving the site exactly as you see
it in the browser.

Cheers,
Charles