Re: [O] Bug: EXPORT_FILE_NAME error [9.0.3 (9.0.3-elpaplus @ /home/andre

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: EXPORT_FILE_NAME error [9.0.3 (9.0.3-elpaplus @ /home/andrea/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20161224/)]
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 09:56:47 -0800

On Wed, 28 Dec 2016, Andrea wrote:

Hello,

thanks for org mode, it is great!
I am having a problem with the latest version of org: I really would
like to be able to export buffers in a different directory, and so far I
used the :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: property for this use case.

However, after upgrading to the latest release it seems that something
does not work anymore: the pdf file is generated but the output
directory is ignored!

You could reproduce this by:

I cannot reproduce this. I get files /tmp/bla.pdf /tmp/bla.tex and my
reader opens the former file.

FWIW, there have been some discussions in recent months about pdf export.

On my macbook, C-h v org-latex-pdf-process RET gives:

org-latex-pdf-process is a variable defined in ‘ox-latex.el’.
Its value is ("latexmk -g -pdf -pdflatex=\"%latex\" -outdir=%o %f")
Original value was
("%latex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f" "%latex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f" "%latex -interaction nonstopmode -output-directory %o %f")

[...]

which works for macOS Sierra. See the full docstring for details.

IIRC, the original value does not work for me to export to another
directory.

HTH,

Chuck