Re: [O] Remove Org from Emacs repository?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: [O] Remove Org from Emacs repository?
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 15:53:34 +0000

> I'd hate to see Org removed from Emacs.  It took a lot of work to get it
> in, and I believe that the vast majority of Emacs users does not install
> packages.  For a newbie to get to Emacs and to be able to open a .org file
> is a big plus.  So my vote goes toward keeping it in.

+1

Even though I build org mode from source, I'd like to keep it packaged with emacs too. That way, people who do not want to install any package manually can still reap the benefits of org mode.

Org mode is one of the key features and a very unique one to emacs. Separating it from emacs would not be good I believe.
--

Kaushal Modi