Re: [O] [bug] timed repeater shows up in wrong place

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] timed repeater shows up in wrong place
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 18:21:46 +0100

Hello,

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> ok, i have a new -Q minimal testcase, which is attached.  it explains
> how to run it at the top.
>
> the relevant part is at the bottom, so you could just copy that if you
> prefer to try your own setup instead.  it's 3 lines.
>
> the task is this:
>
> *********** NEXT xyzzy test
> SCHEDULED: <2016-11-07 Mon 17:00 .+1d>
> make this be a date that is before real-time today
> it should show up in agenda time grid
> but it does not

I can reproduce it, now.

> note that this time, (setq org-agenda-repeating-timestamp-show-all nil).

This was the missing setting.

Notwithstanding the bug, I'm not sure to understand what is your use
case here.

If a nil `org-agenda-repeating-timestamp-show-all' treated time-stamps
with a repeater as regular time-stamp in the agenda, I could see a use
for that.

However, AFAIU, a nil `org-agenda-repeating-timestamp-show-all' treats
a time-stamp with a repeater as its closest repeat (from today). It
makes little sense, in particular with schedules or deadlines.

So, what is wrong with `org-agenda-repeating-timestamp-show-all' default
value?

Nicolas Goaziou