Re: [O] Error: org-babel-execute-src-block: No org-babel-execute functio

From: Xebar Saram
Subject: Re: [O] Error: org-babel-execute-src-block: No org-babel-execute function for conf!
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 16:12:03 +0200

got it it works now, thx so much!

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Xebar Saram <address@hidden> writes:

> Sorry for not being clearer. im trying to tangle not the whole file (which
> i think is what org-babel-tangle does) but a specific header with all sub
> headers associated with it (they all create one file). after reading the
> org documentation at the time i created this function
>
> (defun z/org-tangle-at-block  ()
>                      (interactive)
>                      (let ((current-prefix-arg '(16)))
>                        (call-interactively #'org-babel-tangle)))
>
> so following the previous code blocks example, I previously  went to the
> **** main i3 conf header and then issued the function
>  z/org-tangle-at-block which would tangle all sub header and blocks to one
> file ( ~/.i3/config).
> when i try now to run the function i get the
>
> user-error: Point is not in a source code block

I don't understand your function. What is the point of the '(16)
argument, according to your needs? From `org-babel-tangle' docstring,

  With two universal prefix arguments, only tangle blocks for the
  tangle file of the block at point.

You need to put point on a source block per above, hence the error you
obtain.

Nicolas Goaziou