Re: [O] [RFC] Change visibility for bracket links

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Change visibility for bracket links
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 14:07:28 +0200

Hello,

Daniele Nicolodi <address@hidden> writes:

> I just tried: going to the beginning of the line with C-a (by default
> bound to org-beginning-of-line in org-mode) puts the cursor in a
> position where you can insert text before the link, without it being
> part of the link description.

Interesting. It doesn't work in Org 8.3.6.

I unleashed my bisecting powers (!) and discovered I had introduced
a regression during 8.3.3 release.

This is now fixed and C-a puts point before the link, again. Thank you.

> Does this solve your problem? :)

Not really. It makes my example more bearable, but using C-a is still
a workaround, and there are also many other dances to perform in various
other cases. So, I still think there is an usability issue that needs to
be fixed.

As another data point, `org-hide-emphasis-markers' is nil by default,
because emphasized text can be a pain to edit when this variable is
non-nil. I don't think links should go the opposite way.

Nicolas Goaziou