Re: [O] Problem with python session

From: William Henney
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with python session
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 23:10:30 -0500

Yep, I agree. This is a wart in the vanilla python REPL, and org-mode can't really do much about it.  Except maybe warn people.

As John noted, this is less of a problem if you use ipython as your REPL.  I think it is enough to just do

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(setq org-babel-python-command "ipython")
#+END_SRC

but I haven't tested this extensively since,  as I mentioned, I prefer to use Greg Sexton's ob-ipython instead.  This integrates with the Jupyter kernel by sending JSON to a web socket, rather than just pasting the source block into a buffer, and that seems to be a more robust approach.

Will

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

John Kitchin <address@hidden> writes:

> I am not sure it makes sense to change anything for this.

Noted. Thank you for the feedback.

Nicolas Goaziou

--

  Dr William Henney, Instituto de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia