Re: [O] member-ignore-case: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] member-ignore-case: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 11:34:50 +0200

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for your report.

Vikas Rawal <address@hidden> writes:

> I get this message when trying to export an org file (with embedded source
> code blocks) to latex:
>
> member-ignore-case: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

Somewhere, a member-ignore-case is given a result that is not a string...

> How do I go about figuring out what exactly is going wrong?

Is the error present from "emacs -q"?
Try to use an uncompiled version of Org to get a cleaner traceback.

> I have tried to isolate the problem by removing stuff from the file,
> to see when does the problem go away. Some source code blocks seem to
> cause it. If I remove them, the problem goes. But there is nothing in
> those code blocks.. For example, the one below is giving me trouble.
>
> #+NAME: australiafabainst
> #+BEGIN_SRC R :results output graphics :exports results :file
> australia-faba-instability.png :width 1200 :height 700  :type cairo :family
> serif :session pulses
>
> ## Some R code here to make a graph
>
> #+END_SRC
>
> But there are many others like this, which are not giving any error.

I can't reproduce the error with this example.

Thanks,
Rasmus

--
And I faced endless streams of vendor-approved Ikea furniture. . .