Re: [O] PDF font

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] PDF font
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 18:14:02 -0400

Philip Hudson <address@hidden> writes:

> Question: How do I specify how an Org element appears in the
> corresponding exported PDF? Specifically the typeface (font).

E.g.

#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{palatino}

> Meta-question: Where might this question be answered that I haven't
> looked? I haven't managed to find it in the manual or on Worg using a
> fairly exhaustive variety of search terms. I've read an awful lot of
> stuff that I more-or-less completely fail to understand about LaTeX,
> something of which I currently know nothing, but I'm nevertheless
> pretty sure none of what I've read actually addresses my question. The
> nearest I came was reference to a small number of predefined packages
> of three fonts each (serif, sans, mono) which I could switch between.
> None of them match my requirement.

This is indeed a LaTeX question, and if you are lucky enough to find a package
that sets up the font of your choice, the answer is as simple as the
example above. But if you don't, life gets *much* harder *very* quickly.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/877597/how-do-you-change-the-document-font-in-latex

contains a sampling of a few of the different possibilities.

If you want to dig deeper, you might consult

https://www.tug.org/pracjourn/2006-1/schmidt/schmidt.pdf

--
Nick