Re: [O] recalculate tables

From: Michael Welle
Subject: Re: [O] recalculate tables
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 20:57:08 +0200

Hello,

> Russell Adams <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> This doesn't update either (C-u C-c *):
>>
>> |---+-------+---+---|
>> | 1 | derp  | 3 | 3 |
>> | 2 | derp2 | 5 |   |
>> |---+-------+---+---|
>> |   |       |   | 0 |
>> #+TBLFM: $4=$1*$3
>>
>> I'd been working with these recently and discovered sometimes it
>> wasn't updating... I hadn't gotten an MWE though so based on yours I
>> composed a few.
>
> It may be related to the fact that the first row group is considered as
> a table header. Column formulas do not apply on these headers. See first
> paragraph in (info "(org) Column formulas").
I have a few of those, that worked in the past. So I think the behaviour
had changed some time in the past year or so.

I liked the old behaviour (but it's not super important for me), because
it's a bit of a burden to think out table headers if one don't want/need
them. Sometimes the headers are wider than the content of the column and
makes the whole table wider then 80 characters and empty table headers
are aesthetically questionable ;).

Regards
hmw