Re: [O] #+BEGIN_html/#+END_html tags not exporting literally to html any

From: Adam Aviv
Subject: Re: [O] #+BEGIN_html/#+END_html tags not exporting literally to html anymore?
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 11:04:54 -0400

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

> If so, is there a way to make compilation backwards compatible. I have
> a lot of old org files that would be a pain to update.  Further, all
> the documentation on the org site is also out of date.

a simple regex replace (or two I guess) will fix all in a file?

Yes, I agree --- but that's a burden on long time users even if it is a simple sed script.

I just wonder why the #+BEGIN_HTML was removed in the first place? What harm was it doing? And, why was this change made without updating the documentation to reflect it?

--
Adam J. Aviv, PhD
Asst. Professor