Re: [O] Bug: Problem with LaTeX export, footnotes in table headers, and

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Problem with LaTeX export, footnotes in table headers, and longtabu [8.3.4 (8.3.4-31-gcb683e-elpa @ /home/berhol/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20160404/)]
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 23:40:56 +0200

Hello,

address@hidden (Berthold Höllmann) writes:

> Even so there seem to be two different routines for writing the column
> header for the first and the subsequent pages (in the first one the \\
> follows directly to the '}', whereas the second time a space is added),
> it seems, the string is generated only once, because the "[1]" is
> missing on the second "\footnotemark", but added to the third one.

This is exactly that. In `ox-latex-table-row', string bound to argument
CONTENTS is used twice.

I guess we could workaround that by first checking if there is any
footnote reference within the row and, in that case, force re-exporting
each cell in the row.

OTOH, Org already piles up workarounds in order to support footnotes
within tables (and other locations) in LaTeX export. We will probably
need to stop at some point, and handle this at the LaTeX level (i.e.,
with an appropriate package).

WDYT?

Nicolas Goaziou