Re: [O] Detect parent with SCHEDULED or DEADLINE

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [O] Detect parent with SCHEDULED or DEADLINE
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 02:24:32 -0500

> Actually, `org-entry-get-with-inheritance' is an internal function,
> which shouldn't be called at all. The entry point is `org-entry-get',
> which can be called with an appropriate INHERIT optional argument.

Ah, I see.  So I guess the solution to Christophe's issue is to use
this:

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
(defun r3v/skip-inherited-scheduled-or-deadline ()
  "Skip tasks that inherit from SCHEDULED or DEADLINE"
  (let ((next-headline (save-excursion (or (outline-next-heading) (point-max))))
        (inherited-scheduled (org-entry-get "SCHEDULED" t))
        (inherited-deadline (org-entry-get "DEADLINE" t)))
    ;; I will consider the scheduled part if I can make it work with
    ;; deadlines first
    (if (org-not-nil inherited-deadline)
        next-headline
      nil)))
#+END_SRC

At least I learned some more about Org by trying to fix it the wrong
way.  :)  Thanks, Nicolas.