Re: [O] [OT] A new web browser‽

From: Ramon Diaz-Uriarte
Subject: Re: [O] [OT] A new web browser‽
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 11:41:34 +0200

Dear Haider,

On Tue, 12-04-2016, at 19:53, Haider Rizvi <address@hidden> wrote:
> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I've been using Conkeror (based on Xulrunner/Firefox) for a while
>> now, and like it enough to stick with it. It's completely keyboard
>> driven, which I love. It's also not super stable, nor does it seem
>> to be actively maintained, which I don't love. If anyone has
>> recommendations for better keyboard-driven browsers, I'd love to
>> hear them...
>
> Eric, I use Conkeror as well. And worried that one day it'll go away.

For me Conkeror works just great most of the time. But the main problem
(for me) is that some of the extensions of Firefox will not work with
Conkeror. In particular, the connector with Zotero standalone just cannot
work with it. And this has forced me to "use Conkeror always, except if I
need to do reference-related work" (problem being that sometimes, while
browsing, I decide "let's add this to Zotero" and then I need to start
firefox, copy the link, etc).  KeySnail so far seems to be an alternative
to avoid my schizoid behavior.

> I have tried out Vimium with Chrome, and liked it. You may want to try
> it out if you haven't already.

Thanks for the suggestion; I did not know it.

I'll have to revisit it, because I just tried it and was unable to activate
it in any page (get the icon on the bar to be colored). I must be doing
something silly. However, I looked over the documentation quickly and I
could not see how to mark stuff for downloading. Do I need more coffee?

Best,

R.

--
Ramon Diaz-Uriarte