Re: [O] babel result chain outdated/inconsistent using var

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] babel result chain outdated/inconsistent using var
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 14:54:41 +0200

Hello,

Daniele Pizzolli <address@hidden> writes:

> is possible to update the “#+RESULTS: pid” when the block “#+NAME:
> echo-pid” is evaluated in the following snippet?

Without `org-babel-execute-buffer', I don't think so.

> This will lead to a consistent document generation with “M-x
> org-babel-execute-buffer” or by hitting “C-c C-c” on “#+NAME:
> echo-pid”.

I'm not convinced that this behaviour should be enforced. If I C-c C-c
on a block, I expect only the results of the block to be updated, not
some other part of the document I am editing.

Also, what if the other block is in another document? I don't think it
should be updated either.

What is the harm in using `org-babel-execute-buffer' for your use case?

Nicolas Goaziou