Re: [O] org-export-babel-evaluate and header arguments

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [O] org-export-babel-evaluate and header arguments
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 19:30:00 -0800

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016, Anthony Cowley wrote:

Charles C. Berry writes:

On Wed, 9 Mar 2016, Anthony Cowley wrote:

If I have org-export-babel-evaluate set to nil, source blocks are not
evaluated on export. However, if a source block has a :var header
argument that calls another source block, I am prompted if the callee
should be evaluated.
[snip]

Is there a way I can disable this argument evaluation?

Something like:

        :var a=(and org-export-babel-evaluate (org-sbe "abc"))

[snip]

This works out very well with one minor caveat:

Setting org-export-babel-evaluate to nil means that C-c C-c no longer properly evaluates a block with such a header. This means that exporting must be enabled during development.

Maybe you can get what you want by setting `:eval never-exports' for the buffer. See

        (info "(org) exports")

        (info "(org) Header arguments in Org mode properties")

HTH,

Chuck