Re: [O] ox-tufte-latex

From: Thomas S . Dye
Subject: Re: [O] ox-tufte-latex
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 19:54:40 -0800

Aloha Eduardo,

Eduardo Mercovich writes:

>>> + if I put a plain text link in a sidenote (like
>>> "\sidenote{see http://AgileManifesto.org}";), it doesn't get
>>> automagically converted to a link as it is in the text body. It appears
>>> as normal text and without the \url{...}, so it doesn't look and doesn't
>>> act as a link.

Tufte Org Mode uses the Org mode footnote mechanism to make the
sidenotes.  When I placed a link in an Org mode footnote and then
exported with Tufte Org Mode, I get a clickable link in the resulting
pdf file.

IIUC, you're using a LaTeX fragment for a sidenote.  In this case, I
think you'll need to treat the URL how you regularly treat them in
LaTeX, something like \sidenote{See \url{http://AgileManifesto.org}.}

My file looks something like this:

,---------------------------------------------------------
| Some text.[fn:2]