Re: [O] backend for todo.txt format (todotxt.com)

From: Stefan Huchler
Subject: Re: [O] backend for todo.txt format (todotxt.com)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 15:59:14 +0100

Hi,

first thanks it at least does something now.

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> It doesn't need a solution, but I think you need one of the "forked"
> version since some tag is missing.  Maybe this one
>
>         https://github.com/blaa/org-caldav

for what exactly do you think do I need such fork? for syncing tasts
without a timestamp or do you think the normal org-caldav is broken in
general, cause it works for me now except it does not sync tasks without
deadline/shedule times.

> IOW, ideally some more effort should be put into properly supporting
>pure
> task syncing...
>

> I think you don’t need a date, but don’t expect task syncing to work
> effortlessly without some effort, though I had it working somewhat before
> I reset my phone by accident.

I cant even test that at the moment because it does not sync the tasks
without timestamps.

> I use this, which might be old syntax?  I have OwnCloud v8.1.3.

I think this is a more direct approach, my version seems to be a
alternative if you open the source files in first 20 lines or so there
is a comment that says so, but your solution works, I think the second
part makes it running, with include-todo and use-deadline.

But I have to test it more, I think I stumbled over a bug, because after
my settings it should not have ascced me about google incredients, when
I tried to org-caldav-delete-org-entries.

With your settings it just deletes my 3 deadline/sheduled things and
never ask me google incredients, so it seems to me a bug.

> (with-eval-after-load 'org-caldav
>   (setq org-caldav-url
> "https://address@hidden/owncloud/remote.php/caldav/calendars/rasmus";
>         org-caldav-calendar-id "defaultcalendar"
>         org-caldav-inbox "~/documents/cal/inbox.org"
>         org-caldav-files '("~/documents/cal/calendar.org"
>                            "~/documents/cal/todo.org")
>         org-icalendar-timezone "Europe/Berlin"))
>
> ;; Include DEADLINE and SCHEDULED:
> (with-eval-after-load 'org-caldav
>   (setq org-icalendar-include-todo t
>         org-icalendar-use-deadline
>         '(event-if-todo event-if-not-todo todo-due)
>         org-icalendar-use-scheduled
>         '(event-if-todo event-if-not-todo todo-start)
>         org-icalendar-with-timestamps t))

I think it makes sense that a kalendar can only sync appointments with
dates right? or do you think it can deal with todo items without any
dates? And if so, what part would you think I have to change.

Even if that would not be possible its nice to have this option now, to
shedule some appointments I guess, but it would not work as todolist
then.

thanks again so far!