[O] adding file to agenda removes directories

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: [O] adding file to agenda removes directories
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 14:52:14 -0500

Hi again,

Continuing to play around with getting org files into my agenda, I run
into this:

I set up org-agenda-files to contain ~/org/, such that all files in that
directory are in my agenda. I then add an individual file from
elsewhere, via org-agenda-file-to-front. In the process, the entry for
the ~/org/ directory is removed, and replaced with explicit entries for
every org file in that directory. This leads to surprising behaviour,
where new org files in ~/org/ aren't detected by the agenda.

The help suggests that org-agenda-files can be a list of 'files and
directories', but this behaviour seems to suggest that it can be a list
of files, *or* a directory. Am I doing something wrong, or can I not
combine files and directories in org-agenda-files?

Thanks,

Tyler

--
http://plantarum.ca