Re: [O] Problems with org publish cache checking

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] Problems with org publish cache checking
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 10:56:25 -0600

Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

> 2. It does not cache timestamps for included files that are not also
>    project files (i.e.,, files stored outside of the project or excluded
>    via the :exclude plist option). Since org-publish caches the
>    timestamps of only those files that are published directly (i.e., not
>    as includes), the result is that files that files that include files
>    outside of a publishing project are always republished.

I did not quite diagnose this properly. Org-publish does not check the
cache of included files at all. It simply compares the last modified
time of an included file with the last modified time of the
master/including file. The result is that a master file will perpetually
be republished if an included file happened to be changed afterwards
(even if both files were changed years ago and the project has been
published 100s of times since then). I'll work up a patch to fix this
and submit it in a day or two.

Matt