Re: [O] Using orgstruct-mode (or just org-cycle) in emacs-lisp-mode

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: [O] Using orgstruct-mode (or just org-cycle) in emacs-lisp-mode
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 16:48:46 +0100

> `orgstruct-mode' really needs some love.

It's really hard to understand what is going on for someone not familiar
with the Org code.  Furthermore I am not using the default Emacs
bindings (but I also tested with emacs -Q), so code that generates
commands and bindings, like `outstruct-setup' does, always makes me
uncomfortable, as it usually isn't flexible enough to deal with heavily
modified bindings.

> Anyway, I pushed a fix for the issue.

Thanks.  But could you please change it to

  (if (or outline-minor-mode orgstruct-mode)
      (call-interactively #'show-children)
    ...)

`outline-minor-mode' combined with `org-cycle' gives me the feature I
*really* want/need.  `orgstruct-mode' sounds like it could be really
useful too, but as I mentioned it doesn't work for me at all.  So for
now I would like to stick to just `outline-minor-mode'.

  Thanks
  Jonas

Ps: I am still not sure whether I am just doing something stupid or why
    else `orgstruct-mode' doesn't work for me.  So I would apprechiate a
    little tutorial starting from emacs -Q that demonstrates what setup
    is required and what keys I have to press for things to happen.