Re: [O] Inconsistency between org-store-link-functions and org-store-lin

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] Inconsistency between org-store-link-functions and org-store-link
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 12:47:02 +0000

Hi Nicolas,

2015ko azaroak 6an, Nicolas Goaziou-ek idatzi zuen:

> Hello,
>
> Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The docstring of org-store-link-functions says: “Each function will be
>> called in turn until one returns a non-nil value.”  However, the code of
>> org-store-link actually calls all the functions, and if more than one
>> returns a non-nil value raises a prompt asking the user to choose (and
>> then calls that function a second time).
>>
>> Should we change the code to match the doc, or vice versa?
>
> The former, IMO.

OK, will do.

[...]

> P.S: next release is AFAIK "8.4", not "9.0", you may want to update your
> recent changes advertising the latter. Thank you.

I’m confused.  My impression of Bastien’s decision
<http://mid.gmane.org/address@hidden> is that Org 8.4 should be
compatible with emacs 23.  Master contains changes that require emacs 24
(to give one example, files that require cl-lib).  So, I thought master
was going to become Org 9.0, and the 8.4 release would be cut from
either maint or an earlier revision of master before emacs24-only
changes were introduced.

--
Aaron Ecay